How Cortec® VpCI Works
lonic Action of VpCI® Creates a Molecular, Inhibiting Layer.
- Cortec® VpCI vaporizes
- Saturates enclosed atmosphere with a protective vapour
- Vapour migrates to all recessed areas and cavities
- Vapour condenses on all metal surfaces
- Ions dissolve in moisture layer (water electrolyte)
- Protective ions are attracted to metal surfaces
- Ions form a thin, monomolecular protective layer surface over the metal
Are Cortec VpCIs safe?
Cortec products, using the latest chemical technology available, help alleviate your concerns in the areas of health, safety, flammability, and pollution control.
Now you can effectively protect your metals and products against humidity and aggressive atmospheres as well as against corrosive industrial, marine, and tropical atmospheres.
- Oil & gas
- Precision engineering
How do Cortec products cut costs?
- Multifunctional products
- More effective protection
- Efficient delivery systems that make it economical to treat hard-to-protect items
- Easy application
- Improved health, safety, and pollution control
- Elimination of extra processing steps in most cases there is no need to remove the VpCI product
- Extended equipment life
Use Cortec technology in each stage of the product’s lifecycle, starting from the production of metal stock to actual use in the field. When properly applied, Cortec's VpCl Technology substantially cuts time and cost throughout the entire product life cycle: manufacturing, storage, shipping, and field service. Cortec's VpCl products eliminate the extra processing steps such as cleaning, degreasing, rust removal, pickling, sandblasting, and reprotecting. You will have less re-work, fewer rejects, improved quality, reduced rust claims, and extended equipment life.
Cortec® and VpCI® are registered trademarks of Cortec Corporation.